Youth in NRM
Caring for the natural assets of our region
Youth in NRM is a group for young people who value our planet’s natural resources and want a sustainable future, where managing the environment and biodiversity are priorities.
If you appreciate nature and realise the importance of protecting our natural world, with a common-sense approach, we would like you to join our network.
Youth in NRM aims to encourage young people to:
- Work together with other NRM members and create strong community partnerships for the management of urban, rural and natural landscapes
- Help South Coast NRM address the priorities of protecting, enhancing and sustaining our community, land, biodiversity, water and coastal and marine assets.
- Assist South Coast NRM to address challenges using innovation and acting sustainably
Specifically the group will:
- Provide opportunities for networking and socialising with other like-minded young people.
- Allow young people to actively participate in projects to conserve our natural environment, biodiversity and resources.
- Help raise community awareness of the importance of caring for the natural assets of our region.
Youth in NRM involves a younger group of people in the work NRM does – which is the restoration and preservation of our region’s unique natural assets – the land and water and the native flora and fauna that inhabit it. The goal is to achieve an environment strongly valued by present and future generations.
If you appreciate nature and realise the importance of protecting our natural world, with a common-sense approach and if you would you like to network with other like-minded young people; Join the Youth in NRM group today, which can be found on Facebook, under ‘Youth in NRM’.
South Coast NRM realises that young people are the next generation of movers and shakers – so it is vital that we value our planet’s natural resources and want to be involved in creating a sustainable future, where managing the Earth’s environment and biodiversity are priorities. After all, nature is awesome – and we need to spread this message far and wide!
If you join Youth in NRM, you know there's nothing better than experiencing nature first-hand. But, viewing amazing photos and films of the outdoors is the next best thing. So, we want you to share your awesome nature pics and videos on our Facebook page - for all to enjoy. You might have snapped a beautiful sunset, a gorgeous flower, a majestic forest, a native animal, a flowing river, an underwater scene, a relaxing beach... We'd love to see them! The more people who realise how amazing and important nature is - the better our future will be...
Your Opinion Wanted
So... you're young and want to conserve the natural environment and biodiversity. Excellent. What sort of activities and events would you like to be involved in? Let us know - we value your opinions!
Either email us at the addresses below or alternatively contact us via facebook or twitter.
|Kylie Fletcher||Caitlin Jackson|