Cultural ConnectionsProject Completed before: June 30, 2013
This project will:
• Engage and support the Aboriginal communities of the South Coast Region in natural resource management and heritage projects, providing technical expertise as required.
• Develop and implement projects designed to protect, interpret, restore and manage cultural places, strengthen capacity and build community skills.
• Strengthen participation of the Aboriginal community across the full range of natural resource management activities and contribute to raising cultural awareness across the region.
• Develop project linkages.
• Report back to the community and South Coast NRM on project outcomes and outputs, social change, community goals and aspirations, and future directions for the project.
• Deliver on the recommendations detailed in the Gorse Eradication Strategy for the South Coast NRM region through the treatment of known gorse sites, prevent any further seed set at sites,follow up and prioritise in line with the recommendations listed in the plan.
• Create one media product annually and one publication for Wellstead Estuary Cultural Heritage survey.