National science week 2017 in the great southern
Highlighting new technologies and innovations throughout August
· Great Southern Great Science Symposium Friday 11 August 2017.
NSW flagship event in Albany at the seaside Albany Entertainment Centre, join more than 20 presenters for engaging, peer-reviewed academic presentations and posters about latest innovations, research, activities across a range of STEMI topics in the region.
· Science Café stimulates community conversation about science issues in a moderated, panel and Q&A format, fuelled by local innovators, coffee, and cake
· Explore natural history of whales, dolphins, sea lions and fur seals in Albany Harbours with Great Southern Science Council
· Join a Young Naturalists field day with WA Museum Albany
· Absorb yourself in the creative, strange and intriguing science stories of SciFilm and Scinema short film viewings
· Meet UWA's Bristol exchange students to learn about their recent research
· Learn field skills and contribute to wetlands ecological survey at Lake Matilda with a Citizen Science opportunity
Various other events across the region and NSW activities also in communities near Albany.
Featuring in the Great Southern throughout August and National Science Week Saturday 12th – Sunday 20th August
Various times. Various venues.
Download the NSWinGS Calendar of Events for more details, and check out t greatsouthernsciencecouncil.org.au or museum.wa.gov.au or southcoastnrm.com.au for more details.